Welbeck Publishing Group, a global award-winning independent publisher of illustrated non-fiction books for adults and children are seeking experienced and creative book designers/project managers to work in-house at our Central London offices on 2-3 month short term contracts.
Successful candidates need to be proactive, self motivated, possess a passion for book design, have strong InDesign, Photoshop skills and welcome a challenge working on tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment. A good knowledge of Illustrator is also key.
- Designing creative book jackets and spread layouts
- Carry out work as allocated by the Design Manager
- Commissioning layouts to freelancers and typesetters and managing projects
- Keeping projects on track and liaising with the Design Manager regarding any potential issues
- Getting books to repro, following internal specifications and set up guidelines
- Possess an exceptional eye for detail
- Working and liaising with other departments to deliver high quality books on time and to budget
We are also looking for freelance out-of-house designers to work on our covers and layouts.
To apply for this role please send your CV and either a small PDF or a link to your folio to Luke Griffin: email@example.com.