Carlton Books, part of the Welbeck Publishing Group, a leading independent publisher based in central London is looking to recruit experienced book designers at junior and middleweight levels.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is a creative, passionate individuals brimming with ideas and committed to joining our talented adult book team. A love of books is essential.
A minimum of 1 years graphic design experience in illustrated books is essential for the junior position and 3 years for the middleweight.
- Work closely with the editorial, production and design teams to ensure that titles are delivered to tight schedules, on budget and are of a high standard
- Full responsibility for your own list of titles for the middleweight position - see your own ideas come to fruition from concept to printed product, guidance given for the junior position
- Designing, commissioning and art-directing freelance designers, illustrators and other contributors
- Developing and overseeing projects from initial designs to final print-ready files
- Exploring new formats and re-packaging of existing content
- Thrives in a fast-paced, commercially-driven environment
- Rises to the challenge of meeting tight schedules and able to manage multiple projects at any given time
- Has strong attention to detail
- Is passionate about design and adult non-fiction books
- Proficient in all Creative Suite 2019 programmes: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and has typographic skills
- Strong communication skills and a creative approach to work
- Positive and confident team player with excellent communication skills
- Highly organized, practical and ambitious to deliver the very best results
- Maintaining high standards of quality and integrity
- Solid experience of production processes along with ability to set up and supply correct files for repro and print
- Maintaining excellent relationships with illustrators, authors and agents
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter (stating your current salary) along with a PDF or link to your portfolio to: Luke Griffin at firstname.lastname@example.org.